Age of the Geek
Rook | (Amatuer) Concept Artist | Real-life Nerd | 18 | Agender | SF Bay Area
Just humor me for a sec and pretend I know what I'm doing.
Some favs from forestgirlfans on taobao
iamxeres asked: Lets go with uhmmm...every other even number for Cealla.
You could literally go down the fucking list for Cealla so thank you for keeping it brief. (This is the TenSects version other versions actually differ a lot from most of this)
2) Do they have any annoying quirks? If so, what are they?
A distinct lack of empathy for other human beings or like anything at all. He paces when he’s anxious about something and Varian swears he’s gonna wear right through the floor one day.
6) Their romantic relationships?
Remember that one time he basically slowly stopped seeing Leilah after joining the Conquerors and has hardly even looked twice at her (let alone said anything like actually nice rather than just professionally polite) since then? Yeah. That was a fun time.
10) Some of their emotional shortcomings?
Obnoxious fucking laughter all of them.
14) Is there anything they are too optimistic about?
Not really actually? He’s seen too much and done too much to have actual faith in like. Anything. And he doesn’t like leaving shit to luck either.
18) Are they ever a pushover about something? If so, how?
Ohhh man this one’s hard. Honestly I think there’s only one thing he can be successfully guilted into and that’s that he will actually take active measures to protect both Sue and Auburn (and maybe to a lesser extent Sam and Will) if such measures are necessary/available. And he’s not gonna say why but you can probably, uh, guess.
pourcela asked: 4 and 12 for any of the Gay Nuclear Supergirls.
Ana’s the only supergirl who;s mine so I’ll answer for her.
4) Any addictions? (Food, sex, drugs/alcohol, shopping, power/control, etc.)
Hmmmm this is hard. Like she makes a bunch of shitty decisions with her life especially regarding work but I wouldn’t call any of them indicative of an addiction to a particular thing I’m not sure she really has one of those.
13) At least one thing that they tend to overreact to.
Annoying. Noises. Even before she got zapped by radiation that was like her #1 pet peeve anyone making like annoying or distracting noises. She has injured at least one individual for doing that.
rebeca-jesrel asked: 11 and 15 for dear ol' Tzen
11) What are their intellectual shortcomings?
I could talk about how he’s basically a walking shell of blind loyalty as an intellectual shortcoming but that’s no fun so IN LIFE he was actually absolute bullshit at anything that doesn’t have an obvious practical application (some forms of science, most higher math, almost all literary study). Honestly he would be that kid in class that keeps bitching about ‘but when am I ever gonna use this’ he just could not find it in himself to care WITH THE EXCEPTION of history. He has a nerdy love of history.
15) How might they be ignorant or prejudiced?
He unapologetically is going to think the Garo are better, more skilled, more loyal, and generally superior to basically any living race ever, but it might be worth noting that he says that in the context of having seen his entire culture obliterated in a merciless and bloody fashion, and everyone always thinks more fondly of the dead.
Also don’t mention Ikana or any of its people around him. Don’t think about it around him. He might even be a little tiny bit mean to you if you kinda look Ikanan. Shit runs pretty deep man.
Toss some numbers in my inbox and the character I should answer them for.
1. What is one thing others might find intolerable about them?
2. Do they have any annoying quirks? If so, what are they?
3. Name one or more of their bad habits.
4. Any addictions? (Food, sex, drugs/alcohol, shopping, power/control, etc.)
5. What is one thing they do that can negatively affect their relationship with friends?
6. Their romantic relationships?
7. What is the biggest mistake they’ve ever made?
8. What mistake(s) do they continue to make/have not learned from?
9. Name some of their major physical shortcomings.
10. Some of their emotional shortcomings?
11. What are their intellectual shortcomings?
12. At least one thing that they tend to overreact to.
13. In what ways might they be overly negative and/or pessimistic?
14. Is there anything they are too optimistic about?
15. How might they be ignorant or prejudiced?
16. Do they have any behaviors and/or beliefs that cannot be adequately justified?
17. When would they be too judgmental of someone or something?
18. Are they ever a pushover about something? If so, how?
19. Is there anything they refuse to budge on? What are they stubborn about?
20. What is a self-inflicted misery of theirs? (i.e. something they perpetuate themselves)
Zelda’s reaction to the various masks
Plankton Found on the Exterior of the International Space Station!
While examining samples taken from the exterior surface of the ISS, scientists discovered something completely unexpected - Marine Plankton living on the surface, despite the harsh condition (Vacuum, temperature, and radiation.)
There was evidence that the plankton had been living there for years, and possibly even developing, too.
This gives more plausibility to the panspermia theory - that life all over the solar system/galaxy/universe is all related thanks to bacteria catching rides on asteroids and comets. We already know it is possible for rocks to be thrown away from a planet by something like an asteroid impact or large volcanic eruption - some meteorites have had their lineage traced back to mars.
So do you believe the panspermia theory to be plausible? what about alien life in general?
CINEMATIC MILES MORALES COSPLAY
Yo! My name is Nikolas A. Draper-Ivey…This is cosplay as Cinematic Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider Man. This suit was made by Jesse Covington ( Writer and Costume Designer) and sewn by Sasha Williams ( Fashion Major graduate). Photos were taken by Pierre BL Brevard I specifically would like to thank Marvel Comics Artist Sara Pichelli for designing this character. I’m also very excited to see Olivier Coipel's work on Spider-Verse!
(Full shoot will be shot in New York itself just in time for NYCC)
These are all beautiful, and some of them look like they could be Alex Ross paintings, love love love these.
Midlink hurts me on such a deep level like it’s at the point where well-meaning friends will say “See you later!” and I’ll have the primal urge to tell them to fuck right off.